For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 or any replacement legislation including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (together, the “Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is Talent Point Ltd of Level 1, 15 Bermondsey Square, London, SE1 3UN, United Kingdom.
- The five stages of data collection and processing
- Our legal basis for collecting and using your information
- Our security, transfers we make outside of the EEA and data retention measures
- Your rights in respect of your information
- Accessing and updating your information
- Our contact information
THE FIVE STAGES OF DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
- Individual – a person who has or may have a career within the technology space and has come into contact with Talent Point either directly or indirectly
- Business – an organisation that has engaged Talent Point to design, document and market positions to Individuals on its behalf.
Talent Point receives an Individual’s name and contact details. The primary sources for this data include (but not limited to):
- Response to Job advertisement posted by Talent Point
- Response to LinkedIn InMail sent by Talent Point
- Response to email or phone call made by Talent Point
- Individuals contact Talent Point seeking career assistance
- Individuals referred by colleagues
Details are only used to initiate contact with the Individual as the next step in the process of advising on their career and introduce them to relevant Businesses.
This data is held for no more than six months unless contact is made and further consent gained.
No data is passed to third parties at this stage.
Upon contact with an Individual, Talent Point gains three consents in each case:
- To hold the individual’s name and contact details for the purposes of advising them on career-based matters
- To contact them by email or phone in regards relevant opportunities as may exist with Businesses
- To release their name and contact details to specific Businesses only where consent has been obtained in relation to the specific Business and vacancy
These consents are held along with the relevant details for processing and will be key to the Individual using Talent Point’s service for the purposes of finding new employment opportunities across their career.
No data is physically shared with Third Parties at this stage.
Interview and Selection
Where a specific opportunity is identified, consent is gained from the Individual to release of their name and telephone contact details as the basis of participation in the selection process determined by Talent Point and the relevant Business and detailed to The Individual on a Campaign Brief.
Data passed to third parties at this stage are: full name, phone number.
Where a Business wishes to appoint an Individual Talent Point are required to provide proof of that Individual’s right to work in the UK and their full address for a contract of employment to be issued. Consent will be sought to pass this information on at the conclusion of a selection process.
Data passed to third parties at this stage are: address, email address, passport or visa copy. This is important to any Business receiving the data so it can confirm its right to employee the Individual legally and issue them the contract of employment that facilitates such employment.
This stage commences following registration but could continue indefinitely. Talent Point have conducted surveys that place the length of time an Individual spends in a technology position as five years and three months. Based on this it is assumed that an Individual’s details remain current for five years, from whichever is more recent of:
- The point of Registration
- The point of a new Appointment (whether with a Business or another employer)
Regular contact is made over this time to confirm such assumptions, maintain the relevance of consent granted and ensure the data held is up to date. Consistent attempts will be made to ensure relevance of all and any communication through this time.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING AND USING YOUR INFORMATION
We are required to collect and use personal information in accordance with, and in a manner justified by, the Data Protection Legislation. In doing so, we rely on one or more of the following grounds to legally collect and use your personal information:
- We may process your personal information where this is necessary for the performance of the contract which we have with you (i.e. to provide recruitment advice and employment placement services to you as defined in 1.);
- We may process your personal information where you have consented to us doing so; and/or
- We may process your personal information where it is in ourlegitimate interests to do so.
Where we rely on your consent to process any of your personal information, you may revoke your consent at any time. Any such revocation will not affect the lawfulness of any prior use of that personal information.
SECURITY, DATA TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EEA AND DATA RETENTION
We take steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will only keep your personal information for as long as we reasonably require and, in any event, only for as long as Data Protection Legislation allows.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via email and/or our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Should you have any queries or complaints in relation to how we use your information, please contact us via the details set out at section 7 below. Should you wish to take any complaints or queries further, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner's Office regarding such issues. Further information about how to make a complaint can be obtained atwww.ico.org.ukor by telephoning 0303 123 1113.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their related policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information via these websites.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to see the personal information we hold about you and to ask us to: (a) make any changes to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date; (b) erase or stop processing any personal information we hold about you where there is no longer a legal ground for us to hold it; or (c) transfer any information we hold about you to a specified third party. If you wish to do this, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your personal information are welcomed and should be addressed to Talent Point Ltd, Level 1, 15 Bermondsey Square, London, SE1 3UN, United Kingdom; or call on telephone+44 203 0111 501.
Talent Point can be reached at the above telephone number or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
LAST UPDATED: DECEMBER 2019